Long Term Impact on Our Children
There is a clear national perspective suggesting that the families in communities like South St. Pete will be disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 given the economic demographics. The children/students of the community will likely struggle to overcome long term impacts. These articles provide additional perspective.
- COVID-19 and the Impact on Communities of Color http://neatoday.org/2020/04/24/covid-19-and-communities-of-color/
- Why covid-19 will ‘explode’ existing academic achievement gaps https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/04/17/why-covid-19-will-explode-existing-academic-achievement-gaps/
- Coronavirus Impact on Students and Education Systems https://naacp.org/coronavirus/coronavirus-impact-on-students-and-education-systems/
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources: Student Health and Well-Being and the Intersection of Race, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion https://www.nais.org/articles/pages/coronavirus-covid-19-resources-student-health-and-well-being-race-equity-diversity-inclusion/
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the U.S. Education System https://www.rand.org/multimedia/audio/2020/03/31/the-impact-of-covid-19-on-the-us-education-system.html
Learn about how SPPF is dealing with COVID-19 Learn More