Research shows that out-of-school time programs like M.A.S.T.R. Kids have a positive effect on reading and math achievement!
Department of Education funded Research examining the effect of participation in after school programs found: (“What does Research Say about After School?” After School Alliance November, 2017)
- “after school programs had positive and significant effects among a students at risk of failure in reading or math.”
- “Researchers found positive results on reading achievement, particularly in lower elementary grade levels and in high school; and positive and significant effects on math achievement, particularly for middle and high school students.”
- “the more consistent students’ participation in after school is, the greater the noted achievement gains.”
M.A.S.T.R. Kids has all the elements of quality afterschool enrichment!
High quality academic enrichment programs are always striving to:
- meet children where they are
- provide interventional instruction that works and
- continuously improve.
At MASTR Kids we put the students learning needs first. Passionate educators provide the tools and support to help students remove barriers to learning. Most importantly, we are constantly engaging students, staff, parents and others in our learning community to reflect and understand our opportunities to improve.
In addition to the core academics, we will continue to utilize one class to reinforce skills by engaging in STEM, Art, and/or movement. We will also have many community visitors share skills and stories with us throughout the year.
Qualifying students spend one-on-one time with an experienced Reading Specialist and volunteers to focus on developing core skills needed.
Our M.A.S.T.R. Kids Program uses different art forms to reinforce literacy and math skills. As an example, sculpture is a wonderful way to hone fine motor skills and think about how the piece will communicate what you see or feel. Wonderful way to connect language and the arts.